Italian coffee may sound fancy, but in essence, it is very simple to prepare. Unlike the big, expensive coffee makers and Espresso machines, Italians use a Moka Pot. The most significant advantage of a Moka pot is it can make all kinds of coffee. It means your coffee options go beyond Italian coffee. If you are in college or in need of a good cup of coffee to kick start your day here is how to make a cup of delicious Italian coffee.
Obtain high-quality coffee grounds from a local store. The coffee grounds play a significant role when it comes to making good coffee. The best quality is 100% Arabica coffee beans.
The Moka Pot has three parts; the top chamber, the bottom chamber, and the basket.
- Unscrew the top chamber to detach all the parts.
- Fill the bottom chamber with water up to one and a half inch to the top.
- Fill the basket with the ground coffee beans. The basket is perforated and acts like a filter.
- Place it in the bottom chamber full of water and tap slightly to fit. The amount of coffee will depend on how strong the coffee should be.
- The top chamber is shaped like a coffee pot. Place it on top of the bottom chamber.
- Place over low heat. The advantage of the Moka pot is; it can use a stove or a cooker burner as a source of heat. In extreme cases, it can be employed on an open fire for campers.
- The Moka pot works with the science of steam. When the water boils in the bottom chamber, the steam brews the coffee in the basket and collects in the top chamber as brewed coffee.
- The Pot will make a brewing sound while there is still water at the bottom. The sound stops as soon as all the water is steamed out of the chamber.
- Switch off the source of heat and allow the pot to settle for a while. This is the point at which the coffee blends, and it gives the Moka pot a chance to cool off. The container is made of metal except the handle on the top chamber. After a brew, the pot is scorching.
- You can take the coffee as it is at this point. Sweeten with sugar or honey. But to make an Italian Cappuccino reduce the water in the bottom chamber leaving enough for a shot or two.
- Heat a cup of milk in a frothing pot. If you do not have one, you can use a whisker to create the froth as the liquid boils.
- Add the previously prepared shot of Italian coffee into a mug. Add the hot milk to the coffee for a delicious cappuccino.
Cappuccinos are famous for their frothy taste. Adding the milk directly into the mug may quickly liquefy the fluid, and the end product will be a Latte. To maintain the froth add the milk into the mug with a spoon till it is enough. It will retain its foam nature for a good cup of Italian Cappuccino.